September 24.2016, during the opening of Intercampus Meet on CHMSC-Talisay. Most of the crowded area is the school canteen. With its affordable foods and accomodating personnel. Most of students are going on this canteen. Serving the students very well, also the school canteen is clean and a good place to eat your foods.
potato has many secrets of it’s own
- 3 pound large sweet potatoes, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup bourbon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each potato half lengthwise into fourths. Steam potatoes on a steamer rack set over boiling water, covered, until just tender, 10 to 15 minutes, then cool, uncovered. Transfer to a buttered 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Simmer brown sugar, butter, water, and salt, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and syrup is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in bourbon to taste. Drizzle syrup over potatoes and bake in middle of oven, basting occasionally, until syrup is thickened, about 1 1/4 hours.
a twist on pie
4 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 unbaked pie crust
Maple whipped cream, optional, recipe follows
sandwich with differents kind of flavor
3 slices white bread
Mayonnaise, as needed
2 slices Gouda
2 slices turkey
3 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Strawberry slices, for garnish
Orange wedges, for garnish
Serving suggestion: Blackberry jam
beefy with extraordinary sauce
- 2 lbs beef, prime rib is best
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- juice from 1 lemon
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- PITA FILLINGS:
- 8 loaves of pita bread or 4 large
- thinly sliced cucumbers
- thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- pickle slices (optional)
a taste of undescribable bite
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. powdered milk
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3½ cup water
- 100 grams or ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pork asado filling (see pork asado siopao recipe: http://www.panlasangpinoymeatrecipes.com/siopao-asado-recipe.htm )
- Sliced salted egg for garnishing or sliced quickmelt cheese (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add water.
- Add in the flour mixture on the beaten eggs little by little while stirring using a fork.
- Add melted butter while mixing. Mix it very well until all the lumps are gone and the batter into a smooth consistency.
- Grease the puto molds with margarine or butter.
- Then pour some puto batter in the mould, just half of the height of the mold.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of pork asado filling then pour again some batter until the puto mold is filled just enough to cover the filling.
- You can top your puto with thin slice of salted egg if you want.
- Arrange in a steamer and steam for about 10 to 15 minutes. The time needed depends on the size of your puto.
- You can also insert a toothpick in the middle while steaming the puto to check if it is already cooked.
- If the toothpick comes out clean, then your puto is already done.
- Remove from the steamer and let it cool for a while then remove from the molds.
- Arrange in a platter then serve. Eat and enjoy!
bread that has many tastes in just one bite
- 1½ lb boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 piece medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup green peas
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ piece chicken cube
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups flour
- 6 tablespoon water, cold
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 cup butter, cold
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Make the Filing by pouring the cooking oil in a pan and then allow it to heat-up
- Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onions
- Add the chicken breast then cook until color turns light brown (about 5 minutes)
- Add water and chicken cube then simmer for 10 minutes
- Put-in carrots and potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the green peas, raisins, and 1 teaspoon sugar then simmer for another 5 minutes
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, drain the excess liquid, and set aside.
- Make the dough by combining the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl starting with the flour, 4 tablespoon. sugar, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Cut the butter into small thin pieces place in the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.(the butter should be cold and solid before doing this)
- Add water gradually and mix all the ingredients thoroughly until a dough is formed. You may use a pastry blender to ease the process.
- Divide the dough into individual pieces by grabbing a piece from the whole mixture and rolling it in your hand until a spherical shape is formed. Do this until all the dough is consumed. Set aside in a cool place for at least 20 minutes
- Flatten the spherical dough by pressing it with your palm against a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten it fully while creating a round shape.
- Arrange about a quarter to half a cup of filling (the chicken that you cooked in the first few steps) at the middle of the flattened dough. Fold the dough so that opposite ends meet (you should have formed a half moon shaped dough)then press the edges and seal. (refer to the video for the technique)
- After all the fillings are consumed, crack the egg and separate the white from the yolk. Beat the egg white lightly and mix a little water.Glaze the crust by brushing the egg wash.
- Put a wax paper on top of a baking tray or grease the baking tray then arranged the sealed doughs.
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Bake the sealed doughs for 25 minutes at the same temperature.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!