- 2 lbs. whole tilapia (snapper or catfish), scaled, gutted and cleaned (or 1-1/2 lbs. fish fillets)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch (about 1/2 lb.) spinach
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- Wash fish thoroughly; pat dry and rub the outside with the salt. If using fish fillets, reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Fry fish for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Fish flesh should be opaque and flakes when done. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large skillet over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté garlic, add onion; stri-fry until translucent. Stir in tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach, stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add water, eggs and black pepper; cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until done. Don’t overcook the spinach.
- Transfer crispy fried fish into a serving platter. Pour over the vegetable and egg mixture.
- Serve hot with steamed rice